Winnipeg Public Library has several opportunities available to volunteer for adults. Volunteer needs fluctuate and placements may not be immediately available. For more information on each role and openings, please contact us as below.
- Home Service: As part of our Home Service, volunteers deliver library material to individuals unable to visit a Winnipeg Public Library branch due to illness or disability and who lack other supports. View the Home Service Volunteer position description for details. For further questions contact the Home Service coordinator at 204-619-2916. Note: We do not need volunteers at this time. You are welcome to contact us to be considered for future placements.
- West End Library (WELL) program: The Adult Literacy Program is for adult learners wanting to improve their basic reading, writing, speaking, and math skills. For information on volunteering as a tutor, call the program coordinator at 204-793-7705 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Adult Literacy Program is for adult learners wanting to improve their basic reading, writing, speaking, and math skills. Volunteer Position Description.
- English Conversation Groups: Volunteers lead weekly groups in basic English conversation. Orientations and training provided. Please call Chris at 204-391-2703 to find out more. Volunteer Position Description. Note: We do not need volunteers at this time. You are welcome to contact us to be considered for future placements.
- Please see the Library's teen website Booked for possible volunteer opportunities.
TO APPLY TO VOLUNTEER FOR THE LIBRARY OPPORTUNITIES LISTED ABOVE:
Please complete the volunteer application form at Community Services.
OTHER VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNTIES YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN:
- Homework Club: Volunteer with Frontier College's Library partnered program. For more information, call Frontier College at 204-253-7993.
- Winnipeg Public Library Board and Library Advisory Committees: Serve on one of the Library's citizen advisory boards. Applications are available from the City Clerk's Department or at email@example.com. Appointments to the Library Board and Library Advisory Committees are made for two-year terms, to a maximum of six years. For more information, see the Library Board page.
- Friends of the Winnipeg Public Library: An organization for people committed to assisting the Library in providing the best possible library system through fundraising and other support. For more information, call 204-488-3217.