| Fort Garry Library
1360 Pembina Highway
NOTICE: Fort Garry Library Temporarily Closed for Renovations
Fort Garry Library is temporarily closed for renovations. The Library will reopen in the fall with an exact reopening date to be announced closer to completion of the renovations. The newly renovated space will be bright and welcoming, accessible and better able to meet the needs of today's library users.
Significant improvements include:
* Improved energy efficiency with new lighting, windows, HVAC systems and roof
* A new and improved layout for collections, seating and computers
* An expanded multi-purpose room for programming and study space
* New flooring, carpeting and painting throughout
* Renovated and accessible washrooms
* New shelving for greater accessibility
* New lounge chairs, study tables and computer tables and chairs
During the closure, holds/requests for Fort Garry Library customers will be available for pick up at the Pembina Trail Library, 2724 Pembina Highway, or customers can select another branch of their choice.
The book return is closed. Return your items to any other branch of Winnipeg Public Library.
Pembina Trail Library's hours are being temporarily increased during this closure to accommodate an increase in use and expanded programs:
Monday & Tuesday: 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Thursday: 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Friday & Saturday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday: 1 to 5 p.m.
The Pembina Trail Library is located at 2724 Pembina Highway and can be reached by phone at 204-986-4370.
November 20, 2013 Update:
The renovations are coming along well, with new windows and doors installed and the drywall has been completed. Although lots of finishing touches remain, we expect a reopen date in early February, 2014.